G-PAK Technology Inc* “GoPro” CONTEST RULES & REGULATIONS
- HOW TO ENTER
To enter electronically, visit www.getgpak.com and register your email for our newsletter, like our Facebook page by visiting https://www.facebook.com/getgpak, and comment on our Facebook Page. Electronic entries can be made up until March 18th at 11:59 PM.
To enter physically, sign up form entries may also be submitted at by sending a postcard with the subject “GoPro Contest” along with your first name, last name, phone number and email address to G-PAK Technology Inc., 101-887 Great Northern Way, Vancouver, B.C,V5T 4T5. Physical sign up forms must be received by March 14th 2016.
Comment for entry cannot:
- be obscene or offensive, or endorse any form of hate or hate group;
- defame, misrepresent or contain disparaging remarks about any person or entity, including but not limited to the Contest Sponsor or its affiliates, as determined in the sole discretion of the Contest Sponsor;
- contain any material that may, in the sole discretion of the Contest Sponsor, infringe on the intellectual property rights of any third party, including but not limited to, copyrights or trademarks owned by others. You must use your own original material in the creation of your comment;
- contain, advertise or promote any third party brand or product of any kind or contain any personal identification;
- contain material that is unlawful, in violation of or contrary to laws; or
- contain obscene material, contain defamatory or libelous statements, invade privacy rights, exploit individuals or in any other way violate applicable laws and regulations.
Contest Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify any comment entered for any reason, in its sole and absolute discretion, including the determination in its sole discretion that the comment fails to satisfy any of the above guidelines, or is inconsistent with the goals, image, or policies of the Contest Sponsor. Contest Sponsor further reserves the right, in its sole and absolute discretion, to edit (or to require the entrant to edit and resubmit) any comment entered that contains material that violates these Contest Rules.
Entrant may only post one (1) comment for entry during the Contest Period. Entrants may only use one (1) Facebook account and/or email address to enter. Entries made using multiple Facebook accounts, email addresses or generated by script, macro, robotic, programmed, or any other automated means are prohibited and are subject to disqualification.
Any entry that does not follow the above format (as determined by Contest Sponsor in its sole and absolute discretion) will be discarded and will not be eligible for entry in this Contest.
By entering this Contest, entrants agree to be bound by these Contest rules and the decisions of the Contest Sponsor and contest judges which are final.
- CONTEST PERIOD
The ”GoPro HERO+” contest (the “Contest” or “contest”) runs from 12:00:00 pm PT, March 1,2016 until 11:59 pm PT on March 18th, 2016 (the “Contest Period”). This contest is brought to you by G-PAK Technology Inc. (the “Contest Sponsor”).
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER CONTEST. The Contest is open to all legal residents Canada, US and Austrailia who are, at the time of entry: (A) residing and located in Canada, US or Austrailia [AI1] ; and (B) of the age of 19 or older.
Notwithstanding the above, this Contest is not open to employees, officers and directors of the Contest Sponsor, its respective divisions, subsidiaries, affiliates, advertising and promotional agencies and representatives, contest suppliers, prize suppliers and judges, members of their immediate families (parents, siblings, spouses) and those with whom they are domiciled.
There are three prizes (the “Prizes” or each a “Prize”) available to be won during the Contest Period consisting of one GoPro HERO+, Dr.Dre Beats Headphones, and Amazon Gift card ($100 value).
Prizes must be accepted as awarded and may not be transferred (except at the sole and absolute discretion of the Contest Sponsor), exchanged or refunded. The Contest Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to substitute the Prize with one of at least equal value in the event of the unavailability, for whatever reason, of the advertised Prize.
- PRIZE AWARD
On March 19 2016 (the “Prize Draw Date”), on or about 7:00 AM (PST) in Vancouver, BC, one (1) random draw to award the Prizes will be made from all eligible entries received during the Contest Period.
Attempts will be made by the Contest Sponsor or its representatives to contact the potential Prize winners via the email submitted within one (1) day of Prize Draw Date with further information on how to be confirmed as a winner and claim their Prize. If a selected entrant cannot be reached, for whatever reason, another entrant may be randomly selected (from eligible entries received) at the sole and absolute discretion of the Contest Sponsor.
Before being declared the winner of the Prize, the potential winner must correctly answer, unaided, a mathematical skill-testing question.
If the selected entrant cannot be reached within the time frame specified above, is not in compliance with these Contest Rules, incorrectly answers the skill-testing question, declines the Prize, email correspondence between the Contest Sponsor and selected entrant is returned as undeliverable without a forwarding address, the Prize may be forfeited by that selected entrant and the Contest Sponsor reserves the right to select another entrant from the remaining eligible entries to award the Prize. Prize will be awarded subject to these Contest Rules and verification of Prize winner. Any unclaimed Prizes as of May 1 2016 will not be awarded.
Selection and specifics of all Prizes will be determined at the Contest Sponsor's sole discretion. All Prizes are subject to availability. No cash redemption or prize substitution allowed, except by the Administrator, who reserves the right in its sole discretion to substitute cash value or another prize it believes is of equal or greater value. All prizes are non-transferable. Odds of winning depend on the number of eligible Entries received during the Contest Period. All Prizes are awarded "AS IS" and WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, express or implied (including without limitation, any implied warranty of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose). Acceptance, participation in and/or use of the Prizes are at the Winners' sole risk and Contest Sponsors not responsible for damages whatsoever, including special, indirect, or consequential damages, arising out of or in connection with the use and/or misuse of any of the Prizes. Contest Sponsors reserve the right to verify eligibility of all Winners. Prizes will be awarded by email, Canada Post, Federal Express, UPS and/or other shipping method, in Administrator's and/or its Prize suppliers' sole discretion, using the information provided in the Contest Entry.
TAXES AND COSTS RELATED TO THE PRIZES
All applicable taxes and fees and any license and delivery charges are the sole responsibility of the Winner. All expenses and incidentals and other applicable taxes or charges not specifically mentioned herein are not included and are solely the responsibility of the Winner. The Approximate Retail Value (“ARV”) of Prizes may be reported as income (on a 1099 form) to a Winner, and the Winner will be responsible for all taxes associated with the receipt and use of a prize not specified herein as being provided, including luggage fees, ground transportation, additional meals, gratuities and souvenirs.
The approximate retail value of the Prize as stated by the Contest Sponsor in point of sale advertising, and other advertising, promotion materials, and/or in these Contest Rules are subject to price fluctuations in the consumer marketplace based on, among other things, the passage of time between the date the approximate retail values are stated by the Contest Sponsor and the date the Prizes are awarded or redeemed. If, at the time a Prize is redeemed or awarded, the actual prevailing retail purchase price for the Prize is less than the approximate retail value stated by the Contest Sponsor in point of sale, television, print or internet advertising, promotion materials, and/or in these Contest Rules, the Prize winner will not be entitled to a cheque or cash for the price difference.
- The decisions of the Contest Sponsor and/or contest judges are final and binding, without right of appeal, with respect to all aspects of this Contest (including without limitation, eligibility and/or disqualification of entries) and entrant agrees to abide by the Contest Rules and all of the instructions and decisions of the Contest Sponsor and/or contest judges. In the event of any dispute regarding the interpretation of these Contest Rules, the decision or interpretation of the Contest Sponsor and/or contest judges shall prevail.
- No communications will be entered into except with the selected entrant. For a list of winners, send an email to email@example.com between March 20, 2016 and April 20 2016.
- All entries become the property of the Contest Sponsor. Any entry that is late, illegible, incomplete, altered, or contains false information, is invalid. Contest Sponsor is not responsible for lost, stolen, delayed, damaged or misdirected claims or entries or for any problems or technical malfunction of any internet or telephone network or broadcast transmission during the Contest. The Contest Sponsor is not responsible for any errors or omissions with respect to the printing or advertising of this Contest and reserves the right, subject only to the approval of theRégie des alcools, des courses et des jeux (the “Régie”) in Quebec to withdraw, amend or cancel this Contest in the event of a printing or administrative error.
In the event that, due to a printing, manufacturing, mechanical or other error of any kind or nature whatsoever, more Prizes are claimed than are intended to be awarded according to these Contest Rules, Prizes will stop being awarded when the Contest Sponsor becomes aware of an error respecting the number of Prizes and the Contest Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole and absolute discretion, to conduct a random draw from amongst all eligible and approved Prize claimants whose claims have not yet been redeemed to award the remaining number of advertised Prizes. In no event will the Contest Sponsor or Contest Entities (as defined below) be liable for more than the stated number of Prizes contained in these Contest Rules.
- The Contest Sponsor accepts no responsibility for loss, damage or claims caused by the awarded Prize or the Contest itself. By entering, entrant releases and holds harmless Contest Sponsor, its affiliated and related companies and advertising, promotional agencies, Facebook and all of their respective directors, officers, shareholders, employees, agents, successors and assigns (collectively, the “Contest Entities”) from any and all liability for any injuries, loss or damage of any kind arising from or in connection with the Contest or any Prize won.
- Without limiting the release of liability provisions herein, and for greater certainty, the Contest Entities will not be liable for: a) any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by the application or the Contest website users or by any equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Contest or by any technical or human error which may occur in the processing of entries in the Contest; b) any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect or delay in operation of the Contest website or application or any transmission in connection with the Contest; c) any communications line failure, theft, destruction or unauthorized access to, or alteration of, entries; d) any problems with, or technical malfunction of, any telephone network or lines, or failure of mobile device or mobile web browser, computer on-line systems, servers or providers, computer equipment, software, or failure of email which may occur for any reason whatsoever, including technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any website or text messaging system or combination thereof; or e) any injury or damage to entrants’ or to any other person's computer or mobile device related to or resulting from participating or uploading or downloading materials in this Contest. If the Contest is not capable of running as planned for any reason, including infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other cause of any nature whatsoever beyond the reasonable control of the Contest Entities which corrupt or affect the administration, security or proper conduct of this Contest, the Contest Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion to, without advance notice, terminate or suspend the Contest, in whole or in part, or modify it in any way, subject only to the approval of the Régie in respect of residents of Quebec (where applicable).
- In the event of a dispute as to who submitted an entry, the entry will be deemed to have been submitted by the authorized account holder of the email address submitted at the time of entry. “Authorized Account Holder” is defined as the natural person who is assigned to an email address by an Internet access provider, on-line service provider or other organization (e.g., business, educational institution, etc.) that is responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted email address. Selected entrant may be required to provide the Contest Sponsor with proof that he/she is the authorized account holder of the email address associated with the selected entry.
- The Contest Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion to disqualify any individual from the Contest, and to ban that individual from any future promotion of the Contest Sponsor, if the Contest Sponsor finds or believes such individual to be tampering with the entry or voting process or the operation of the Contest or where applicable, the Contest website or application; to be acting in violation of these Contest Rules or in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner, or with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass the Contest Sponsor, the Contest Sponsor’s agencies, other entrants or any other person. ANY ATTEMPT BY AN ENTRANT OR ANY OTHER PERSON TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEBSITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE CONTEST IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, THE CONTEST SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH PERSON TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
- By entering this Contest, you consent to the Contest Sponsor’s use, should you become a winner, of your name, place of residence and photograph or other likeness, without further compensation or notice, for publicity, advertising or informational purposes in any media or format (including the Internet) in connection with this Contest or future similar contests.
- The Contest Sponsor is collecting personal data about the entrants for the purpose of
- Each entrant agrees that (1) any and all disputes, claims, and causes of action arising out of or in connection with this Contest, or any Prizes awarded, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and any judicial proceeding shall take place in a court in Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada; (2) any and all claims, judgments, and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this Contest, but in no event attorney’s fees and (3) under no circumstances will entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim punitive, incidental, and consequential damages, and any other damages (other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses), and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these rules, or the rights and obligations of entrant, the Contest Sponsors in connection with this Contest shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with the laws of the Province of British Columbia, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules or provisions of any other jurisdiction, that would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than those of the Province of British Columbia, Canada.
- The invalidity or unenforceability of any provision of these Contest Rules shall not affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision. In the event that any provision is determined to be invalid or otherwise unenforceable or illegal, these Contest Rules shall otherwise remain in effect and shall be construed in accordance with their terms as if the invalid or illegal provision were not contained herein.
- For residents of Quebec, any litigation respecting the conduct or organization of a publicity contest may be submitted to the Régie for a ruling. Any litigation respecting the awarding of a Prize may be submitted to the board only for the purpose of helping the parties reach a settlement.
- In the event of any discrepancy or inconsistency between the terms and conditions of these English Rules and disclosures or other statements contained in any Contest-related materials, the terms and conditions of these English Rules shall prevail, govern and control to the fullest extent permitted by law.
Leave a comment
Comments will be approved before showing up.